Mix 106.5

Mix 106.5


Wednesday, September 4, 2019

A Decade Since Devastating Chapman's Fire

Markdale | by Cody Misner  

The blaze was caused by a welders spark and took three days for crews to put out.

Coutesy of Chapman's Facebook Page 

10 years ago today Chapman's Ice Cream in Markdale suffered a devastating fire.

The blaze was caused by a welder's spark and took three days for crews to put out.

Vice President of the company Ashley Chapman says despite the emotional roller coaster that was the fire and rebuilding, it has given Chapman's new opportunities.

"It gave us a fresh start,a clean slate and new facilities," Chapman reflects, "it was quite devastating emotionally but overall the company is in a better place thAn it was then."

The fire came at a rough time for Markdale, two weeks before, a tornado tore through the downtown area causing $2 million in damages.

Chapman notes since then, the company has reestablished itself firmly as a Canadian brand and continues to support and be supported by the local community.

 

share this story



Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation
© 2019 Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation

Web Site by Websmart Inc