No one was injured in a fire at a home in West Grey yesterday.
West Grey firefighters, with assistance from Township of Chatsworth and Markdale fire departments, were called to a residential structure fire on Highway 6 south of Dornoch just before 2 p.m. Monday afternoon.
West Grey Fire Chief Phil Schwartz says firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke showing from the bungalow and some flames coming out of the roof area.
Firefighters had the blaze contained within 20 minutes.
Schwartz says a couple lives in the residence but weren't home at the time of the blaze.
The house suffered heavy fire damage in a bathroom and attic, Schwartz says, and smoke damage throughout.
Schwartz says the blaze appears to have been caused by a space heater that was running in the crawl space area of the home.
The blaze led to the closure of Highway 6 between Welbeck Road and Grey Road 25 at Dornoch as fire crews worked at the scene.