A weekend away for a group of cottage-goers in Northern Bruce Peninsula, turned into a bad trip.
Bruce Peninsula OPP say at 5:45 a.m. Sunday morning, officers and Bruce County EMS were dispatched to a medical distress call at a cottage on Dorcas Bay Road.
Ten people were staying at the cottage, and police arrived to find a number of them suffering from an unknown ailment.
The culprit: weed brownies.
OPP say they learned one of occupants had baked a brownie cake laced with marijuana, and those feeling ill had eaten the dessert.
Perhaps poor baking as well, as police say they could not rule out food poisoning as a possibility.
Northern Bruce Peninsula Fire department was also called to the residence to determine if it was carbon monoxide poisoning.
In the end, investigators found the pot brownies were indeed the culprit causing illness.
OPP say a few of those who ate the brownies were transported by ambulance to Lion's Head Hospital for further medical assistance.
Police are warning those who choose to engage in the illegal and risky behaviour of consuming drugs, that the cost often outweighs the benefit.